News and Announcements

National Tourism Week!   (May 7-13 )

During the first week of May, the Radcliff/Fort Knox Convention & Tourism Commission will join communities across the U.S. to celebrate the power of travel. Travel generates $2.3 trillion in the U.S. economy. The travel industry supports 15.3 million American workers. In Hardin County travel supports 4,613 jobs.

< Top of Page >

Tioga Falls open!

The rerouting of Tioga Falls is complete and the trails are reopened. There are new signs up to guide visitors along the new path, which will now include a portion of Railroad Trestle Road.Please follow the new signs and stay on the authorized trail and off the falls. The game wardens are writing citations to those who disregard the signs.

< Top of Page >

Boundary Oak Distillery

Plan your visit today! The tasting bar and gift shop at the new location of Boundary Oak Distillery are open!
Must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid drivers license to sample.

< Top of Page >

REAL ID Act Implementation

The extension currently runs through June 5, 2017. Non-military affiliated residents of non-compliant states will still be required to present another acceptable form of supplemental documentation in order to gain access to Fort Knox and other military installations. The Act establishes minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards. By law, federal agencies, including Fort Knox, will not accept for official purposes driver's licenses and state ID cards from Kentucky and other non-compliant states.
A valid military ID may still be used as a primary credential to enter Fort Knox. Additionally, no further action will be required for visitors who have already obtained installation entry passes until their passes have expired.
The Act requires residents of non-compliant states to present one of the following forms of supplemental documentation in order to gain access to Fort Knox
(Documentation must be presented at the Visitor Center located at the Chaffee(main)Gate):
*United States passport or United States passport card
*PIV-I Card (personnel identification verification-interoperable) issued by the
federal government
*U.S. military ID (All members of the U.S. Armed Forces, including retirees and
dependent ID card holders and veterans
*Veteran health identification card issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
*DHS "trusted traveler" cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
*License To Carry/Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon permit containing a photograph
*Transportation worker identification card
*U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
*Driver's license issued by the U.S. Department of State
*Border crossing card
*U.S. Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship (Form-550)
*Permanent resident card/alien registration receipt card (Form I-551)
*Foreign passport with a temporary (I-551) stamp or temporary (I-551) printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa
*U.S. refugee travel document to other travel document of evidence of immigration status issued by the DHS containing a photograph (permit to re-enter form I-327 and
Refugee Travel Document Form I-571)
*Employment authorization document that contains a photograph issued by the DHS (Form I-766) - in case of nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status, a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing same name as passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's non-immigrant status, as long as the endorsement has not expired and proposed employment is not in
conflict with restrictions or limitations identified on the form.
*Identification card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.
*U.S. military or draft record (Certified copy of DD Form 214)
*Native American tribal document
*Foreign government issued passport with current arrival-departure records (INS Form 94) bearing names as the same name as the passport and containing an
endorsement of an aliens non-immigrant status, it that status authorizes the alien to
work for the employer
*Select university, library, or school cards containing a photograph, name and expiration date
*Non-government photo identification with a person's name and address
*Birth certificate or document with a person's full name and address
*Utility bill or other documentation showing a person's name and address
*Vehicle registration with name and address

Visitors from non-compliant states who cannot provide supplemental documentation must be escorted by a Department of Defense-credential person at all times while on the installation.

Once Kentucky achieves REAL ID Act compliance or receives an extension, the need for supplemental documentation for Kentucky residents will no longer be a requirement.

For additional information, visit

< Top of Page >

Copyright © 1996-2017 by the
Radcliff/Ft. Knox Tourism &
Convention Commission